E-mail MeJennifer R. Becker
877-214-7321 (Toll Free)
Jennifer Becker is a Shareholder of Bonezzi Switzer Polito & Hupp Co. L.P.A. Ms. Becker concentrates her practice in the defense of physicians, hospitals, nursing homes and other healthcare professionals in litigation involving claims of professional negligence related to patient care. In addition, she handles general liability defense claims against property owners, employers and companies.
Ms. Becker has assisted in the trial of several cases in a number of jurisdictions throughout Ohio. She has written numerous appellate briefs for several Ohio appellate courts, as well as the Supreme Court of Ohio with favorable outcomes for her clients. She has also argued cases in the Fifth and Eighth Districts.
She has been recognized as a Rising Star in the 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 editions of Ohio Super Lawyers, a distinction that recognizes the top five percent of Ohio Lawyers under the age of forty or those in practice for ten years or less.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Becker graduated from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law. She served as a judicial staff attorney to the Honorable Mary J. Boyle of the Eighth District Court of Appeals, Ohio. While attending law school, Ms. Becker worked at the Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas as a bailiff and scheduler. She obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of Dayton.
Areas of Practice
- 30% Medical Malpractice
- 10% Appellate Practice
- 10% General Insurance Defense
- 30% Nursing Home Litigation
- 10% Personal Injury
- 10% Professional Liability Defense
- 90% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ohio, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2008
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2016
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D. - 2003
- University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio
- B.S. - 1998
- Major: Criminal Justice
Honors and Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2012 - 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Ohio State Bar Association, Women in the Profession Section
Past Employment Positions
- Reid Wargo Ltd, Associate, 2008 - 2009
- Eighth District Court of Appeals, Judicial Staff Attorney, 2007 - 2008
- Cuyahoga County Courts of Common Pleas, Bailiff