E-mail MeDonald H. Switzer
877-214-7321 (Toll Free)
Donald Switzer is a Shareholder as well as one of the founders of the firm. He has devoted his practice almost exclusively to the defense of physicians, hospitals and other healthcare professionals for over thirty years. Mr. Switzer's caseload frequently consists of many high profile and high exposure lawsuits, including wrongful death, quadriplegia and other neurological impairments and cases involving significant economic damages.
He has successfully defended physicians and hospitals in many counties in northeast Ohio from Richland County to Ashtabula County.
Mr. Switzer is a graduate of the University of Virginia Law School. He served over three years active duty as an Infantry Officer in the U.S. Army in the 1970s and rose to the rank of Captain.
Mr. Switzer has been named an Ohio Super Lawyer from 2008 through 2017; and named to "The Best Lawyers in America" from 2009 through 2017. He further enjoys an AV Preeminent rating with Martindale-Hubbell.
Areas of Practice
- 100% Medical Malpractice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Ohio, 1978
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1979
- University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia
- J.D. - 1978
- Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
- B.A. - 1972
- Major: Political Science, Military Science
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Emergency Physicians Insurance Company
- Western Litigation
- Michael Frank, M.D.
Honors and Awards
- Ohio Association of Civil Trial Attorneys, 1990 Member of the Year, 1990
- Ohio Super Lawyers, 2008 - 2016
- "The Best Lawyers in America", 2009 - 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association, 1978 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- U.S. Army Active Duty, 1st Lieutenant, 1972 - 1975
- U.S. Army Reserves, Captain, 1975 - 1978